Thursday, January 31, 2013

Who's Pencil Box?

An example of teaching property rights to a toddler- Bug (23m) walks up to me holding a pencil box that belongs to Josh (8y). Bug- Open um? Open um, Mama. ... Me- That's Josh's pencil box, Bug. That isn't mine to open for you. Bug- Open up, Mama? Open um? Me- No honey, this is Josh's. You need to ask Josh for permission to open his box. Bug- Open um? Open um? (shoving box into my hand) Me- No Bug, this is Josh's box. You need to ask Josh for permission. Go ask Josh. Bug- Joshy? Joshy box? Me- Yes, this is Josh's box. You need to ask Josh for permission to open his box. Bug- Joshy!!!!! (Runs to find Josh. Josh comes out into the living room.) Josh- What Bug? Bug- Open um? Open um? Josh- No bug, those are mine. Give them to me please. Bug- Open um??? (a little upset) Josh- No, please give me the box. (Bug holds onto the box) Josh- Buuuug, that is my box. Please give me my box. (After a moment Bug reluctantly hands over box) Josh- Want to go find some different toys to play with? Bug- Okay Joshy! And they both run off to play with something else.See More "

No comments:

Post a Comment