Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hurt Feelings

Sometimes you have to get your feelings hurt to remember how bad it feels.

Josh and I have been having a rough couple of days. He said something last night that made me cry. It was like a dagger to the heart.

Then he said, "Mommy, the way you feel right now, that's how you make me feel sometimes." And twist the dagger...
...
As adults, we have had time to figure out how to deal with our emotions; how to handle them, work through them, avoid them, whatever the case may be.

Our kids haven't had all that time to figure it out yet. Their emotions are big and they feel them through and through.

I can't even remember the last time I got my feelings hurt. It is really a terrible feeling. Awful. It serves as quite a reminder to me to be patient and choose my words carefully. I don't ever want to make my boys feel like that again

No comments:

Post a Comment