Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Don't Wake Mama Bear

Peaceful Parenting Fail-

I can keep my patience through just about everything, but I have one major hot button- being woke up. I turn into the Hulk if someone/thing wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Josh has been staying up later than me to play legos. It was fine for a while, but then he started getting loud. We talked about how he needs to be more quiet or not get to play, because it is ...inconsiderate to those of us trying to sleep.

Well, he woke me up last night and I lost it. Took him out to the living room to talk about it. I didn't spank him or yell, so I will consider that progress made on my part. But I did say some things I never would have said under rested circumstances.

Once he wakes up we've got some making up to do, and some collaborating to do on this bedtime situation to come up with a mutually beneficial agreement. Obviously the one in place from before is not working. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment