Thursday, January 31, 2013

Go To Bed!

One of my lesser parenting moments-

The same day as I was talking about earlier. I was feeling pretty terrible, headache, stuffy nose, no energy, etc. I laid Bug down for a nap and went to lay down myself.

Just as I was drifting into a nice sleep, Bug shows up at my door, not at all sleepy.
...
Bug- Hey Mama!
Me- Bug, go to bed.
Bug- (smile)
Me- GO to BED!

And then he laughed at me. This kid, who has never been punished or yelled at in his entire existence, had no idea he was supposed to be intimidated by my raised voice. But I wasn't thinking clearly in the moment, so I tried again.

Me- GO TO BED!
Bug- Hhmph.

And he turned around and went back to his room. Not to bed, I could hear him playing. And then I heard him saying "Go. to. BED! Go. to. BED! Go. to. BED!"

And then I felt like a jackass.

We all mess up. Own up, apologize, and try to do better next time.
See More
"

No comments:

Post a Comment