Thursday, April 3, 2014

Buying Everything for Jupiter Cake

Just bought allthethings to make an epic cake model of Jupiter, a project I am very excited to do with Josh (9y), about which we have been taking all morning. 

As we pulled up to the house, though, Josh asked, "Do you really want me to make the cake with you?" "Uh, yes, of course!" "Okay, I'll do it," he sighed.

"What's up? You sound like you don't want to anymore."

"Well, I kinds of want to go play at my friend's house now."

"Okay, well go do that and we can make the cake later. Anytime, really, now that we have everything."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay, I'll be home by 7."

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed. But I know if his heart isn't in it while we're working on it, he's not going to remember nearly as much as if he does it when he's excited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment