Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Violence Against Pregnant and Laboring Women

Violence Against Pregnant and Labouring Women mumanu.wordpress.com

This is not unschooling related, but as 90% of people who like this page are female, whom I assume are likely to already have a child or will in the future, I feel it is important to share.

Both boys were born in a hospital. Josh's birth was traumatic, due to many of the issues addressed in the article. Bug's birth was much better, but I had to fight for what I wanted. The questioning and mocking of a natural birth and the pushing for interventions was very distracting, and kept my experience from being as beautiful as it could have been.

This type of treatment from medical staff is violent, and I am thankful to the author of this article for addressing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment