Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ideas Stand on Merit

I was recently asked why I do not use our real names when posting here. It was the questioner's opinion that the secrecy was dishonest and made the views I post less credible, as they preferred to consider the source of ideas.

It is my opinion that an idea should stand on its own merit, regardless of the source. Please, I beg of you, don't give any idea more or less credibility based on where it ...comes from. Think about it yourself, question it, research it, and come to your own conclusions.

No one is infallible. No one has it all right. No one has all the answers. Don't take anyone's word for anything, especially not just because you usually agree with other things they may say. Likewise, don't dismiss an idea just because it comes from someone with whom you usually disagree. You may just find common ground in an unlikely place

No comments:

Post a Comment