Saturday, September 7, 2013

Three Hours Alone

I've just had the most glorious 3 hours!

Papa took the boys bowling and other such fun. Meanwhile I have been home by myself. I listened to an entire podcast without interruption. Two, actually! I let my mind wander while I cleaned the house. I completed thoughts! My home no longer smells like boys. My feet no longer stick when I walk. I took a shower, alone. I listened to songs I like without b
eing asked questions in the middle. I even just sat still for a couple minutes and did nothing at all.

I feel like a new woman. I feel like I can take on the world, now that I can actually follow my own train of thought. I'm drinking it in, breathing in the clean, fresh scent of the house.

I cherish these rare moments to myself, but now that I've had a few hours without the boys, I'm missing them again. I'm awaiting their return with their sticky fingers and endless chatter. At times this season of life- the busy, child centered years when I sometimes feel like I've lost my sense of self and any ability to do anything productive besides keep the kids alive- is really difficult and I long for it to hurry up and pass.

Pass it will. One day I'll have more time for myself, maybe too much time. Now that I've had a moment to recharge, I am very thankful that day is not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment