Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Reaction to Mean Parents in Public

We were hanging out with some friends last night and got talking on the subject of seeing other parents being downright mean to their kids in public. I think we've all done it ourselves, not been our best while out, and I've written about positive parenting peer pressure before (when I was out with a fellow peacefully parenting friend and her presence really helped me keep my cool in a tough situation).

One of our friends last night said that she will make a point to go up the the parent and child and complement them on something. "Your son is just adorable! Reminds me of my grandson." She said every time she's done this, the situation immediately diffused and the parents calmed down.

What do you think? How do you react when you see parents being over-the-top mean or rude to their children in public?

No comments:

Post a Comment