Friday, August 10, 2012

Coconut Flour Pancakes



I love baking. Trying to eat a fully Paleo diet means you have to get creative with the baking. We've come across a few paleo pancake recipes, this one from Health, Home, and Happiness is hands down the best we've found.

The recipe-
1/4 cup coconut flour
4 eggs (local if you can!)
1/4 cup yogurt (Greek full fat!)
1 Tablespoon honey (local if you can!)

(sorry for the blurry pic)



Mix together and really beat at it to get all the lumps out. Then let sit for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the moisture. Cook on medium heat using your favorite fat- butter, coconut oil, whatever.

Makes about a dozen silver dollar pancakes.

Josh loves blueberries in his pancakes. :)


Serve with butter, your favorite nut butter, and/or honey. My personal favorite is peanut butter and honey. I know, I know, peanuts aren't paleo. I'm weaning myself.

And of course, a picture of the boys eating...



They are a bit more dense than "normal" pancakes, but other than the texture they are a close match. The kids didn't even notice a difference once it was loaded with berries and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment