Monday, May 27, 2013

This is Your Life and Your Family

This changing of our parenting philosophies and our educational philosophies is quite a journey. I have said it before and I'll say it again- I don't have any answers. I am still searching for what works best for my own family. I certainly am not qualified to tell anyone else what would be best for their family.

One important lesson I've learned so far is to take others' experiences and advice f...or what it is, their perspective and nothing more. Modeling our family after another family is not finding true freedom for ourselves. It delays the finding our true selves and happiness.

There is a lot of great advice and experiences out there from which to draw. Listen to what speaks to your heart. Maybe give things a try, but don't be afraid to say it isn't working for you and try something else. This is your life and your family. No one knows it better than you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment